Personal Data Processing and Protection under GDPR
We would like to introduce the personal data processing policies of AKCENTA CZ a.s. (hereinafter referred to as “AKCENTA”) and assure you that we follow all the legal principles in ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
Protecting the privacy and personal data of our clients is one of our priorities. We consider this data to be confidential and we maintain this confidentiality. We place great emphasis on security when processing data, on the selection of our contractual partners and on ensuring strict compliance with the rules.
1. Contact Information Relating to the Protection of Personal Data
Personal data controller:
- Company name: AKCENTA CZ a.s.
- ID No.: 25163680, Tax ID No.: CZ25163680
- Registered office: Prague 1, Salvátorská 913/8, post code 110 00, Czech Republic
Data protection officer:
2. Scope of Personal Data Processing
Personal data is processed within the scope as provided by the subject of the data, namely in connection with:
- the conclusion of a contractual relation with AKCENTA; or
- data otherwise collected by AKCENTA and processed in compliance with the valid and effective laws or for the purpose of compliance with our legal obligations.
Personal data is obtained directly from
- data subjects,
- third parties and
- public records.
Subjects of the processed personal data may particularly include:
- clients and potential clients,
- users of the website or other communication channels,
- any other subjects in the event that their personal data is processed on the grounds of a legitimate interest.
3. Duration for Which Your Personal Data is Stored
Your personal data shall be stored only for the necessary length of time and archived according to the statutory time limits stipulated by the law.
We process personal data for the duration of the contractual relationship or other legal title which enables us to process your personal data. This means that we have our own internal rules which verify the legality of our possession of personal data and ensure that we do not keep data for longer than we are entitled to. After the legal reason ceases to apply we delete the respective personal data.
The personal data we process with your consent is stored only for the duration of the purpose for which that consent has been granted.
4. Categories of Personal Data
Data on subjects is used to clearly and unmistakably identify them and is divided up into the following categories:
- identification data (first name, surname, birth number, date and place of birth, position, identity card number, the issuer and date of issue of the card, identity card expiry date, sex, nationality, whether the person is politically exposed, domicile for tax purposes and tax identification number);
- contact information (permanent address, telephone number, mobile phone number, e-mail);
- data on service usage (data on services provided based on the contractual relationship and the usage of such services (e.g. bank account numbers, balance on the internal account, transaction data, telephone call records, other communication records);
- business and marketing information.
5. Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data
Personal data is collected and processed solely for the given purpose, within the given scope and for the length of time necessary for the fulfillment of the given purpose, which may include:
- compliance with legal obligations,
- negotiation on the conclusion or modification of a contract to which the subject of the data is a party;
- performance of a concluded contract;
- protection of the rights and legally protected interests of AKCENTA or a third party;
- selection procedures for vacancies;
- sending marketing messages;
- providing information on products or services offered or their modifications.
6. Legislative Framework
Your personal data is processed in compliance with the valid and effective legislation, as listed below:
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the Protection of Personal Data
- Act No. 21/1992 Coll., on Banks
- Act No. 370/2017 Coll., on Payments
- Act No. 256/2004 Coll., Capital Market Undertakings Act
- Act No. 164/2013 Coll., on International Cooperation in Tax Administration
- Act No. 253/2008 Coll., on Selected Measures for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism
7. Personal Data Recipients
Your personal data is processed directly by the controller or processors in the Czech Republic and abroad, particularly by authorized representatives who also provide sufficient and credible guarantees of the technical and organizational security of the personal data. Personal data is processed only by processors or other processors solely based on a personal data processing agreement.
List of the most important processors with access to some of the clients’ personal data within the scope necessary for the given purpose assuming compliance with all the security policies:
AKCENTA LOGISTIC a.s.
ID No.: 28807588
Client application software
ID No.: 26843820
Asseco Solutions, a.s.
ID No.: 64949541
In certain cases, always based on the law and within its boundaries, AKCENTA may be required to provide personal data to the following recipients:
- external collaborators and contractors for the purpose of performance of a contract;
- providers of postal and communication services and electronic communication services;
- public authorities.
The implementation of the services (payments/investment services) we offer requires that we transfer your personal data to be processed outside the Czech Republic. This means that your personal data is transferred to third countries even outside the EU. However, this transfer is always done in compliance with the legislative requirements and in all cases we ensure the protection of your personal data.
8. Notice on Data Subjects’ Rights
We process your personal data in a transparent manner and in accordance with the legislative requirements. You have the right to access your personal data, to request an explanation and other rights listed below. If you believe that your data is processed improperly, you may lodge a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection, located at Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7, e-mail: email@example.com.
- You have the right to access your personal data. In the event that your personal data is incorrect, you have the right to correct it. With regard to the purposes for which the data is processed, you have the right to have your incomplete data completed or erased, if the processing is unauthorized, or restrict processing.
- In the case of automated personal data processing, which is based on a contract or consent you have granted us, you have the right to the portability of that data, which will be provided to you in a structured, standard and machine-readable format.
- You may file an objection to the processing of your personal data in the event that your personal data is processed for the purposes of direct marketing. In such a case we shall no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
- If we need your consent to the processing of your personal data, you are entitled to revoke this consent at any time. Revocation of this consent has not effect on the processing of your personal data during the period for which you have granted your consent or on the processing of your personal data for other legal purposes, if applicable (e.g. compliance with legal obligations or for the purpose of our legitimate interests).